09 December 2008

Two Ideas, one good, one bad.

First the bad idea:

A Dutch gay group said Monday it has planned a "Pink Christmas" festival for the first time in Amsterdam, featuring a manger stall with two Josephs and two Marys.

If you are trying to win acceptance, mocking one of the dominant religious group's signature festivals is probably not a good way to do it.

Of course, you will do better than if you do it in a Muslim country.

Now this is just a news story, then I will get to the good idea:
SAN FRANCISCO - Some same-sex marriage supporters are urging people to "call in gay" Wednesday to show how much the country relies on gays and lesbians ... [as] a daylong strike to protest California voters' passage last month of Proposition 8, which reversed this year's state Supreme Court decision allowing gay marriage.
This has given me a really good idea. I think that those who believe that Prop 8 is a good thing, including evangelical Christians across the country, should "call in Christian" on Thursday.

I suspect that most hospitals would have to shut down.

2 comments:

victorsleeps said...

Thursday is no good for me. For some reason my hair stylist, Maurice, canceled my appointment for today and I had to reschedule for tomorrow.

Tony said...

I've seen your hair. If you have a stylist, you should sue.

I mena, you're no Rod Blagojavich, but ... yeah, sue.