10 December 2008

Talk about selling out!

My bride asked this question yesterday, and I think it is worth repeating and expanding on:

Barbra Streisand really dislikes hypocrisy. I know. She said so.

Interestingly, if you google "Barbra Striesand hypocrisy" you get an interesting string of articles and blog posts about Barbra and her refusal to live by the environmental standards she wants to hold everyone else to.

But my bride's question, and she is a Streisand fan, is much more practical:

Why has this Jewish singer released at least two Christmas albums?

I mean, I don't have any problem with it. Most of the 20th century Christmas songs were written by Jewish songwriters in the 20's and 30's ... but most of them did not preach to the rest of us about other people's hypocrisy.

No comments: