03 November 2008

Slow down, people

The Obama campaign is trying to lower people's expectations. This probably has to do with the fact that he has raised them so very high by simply talking in vague generalities like "Hope" and "Change." It also has to do with the fact that Obama came to the forefront of the Democratic race by appealing to the most whacked out, Kool-Aid drinking wing of the Democratic Party.

It has him needing to attempt to smooth his supporters about-to-be-ruffled feathers with statements like this:
“The first hundred days are going to be important, but it’s probably going to be the first thousand days that makes the difference,” he said. He has also been reminding crowds in recent days how “hard” it will be to achieve his goals, and that it will take time. “I won’t stand here and pretend any of this will be easy,” Obama told a Florida rally , citing “the cost of the economic crisis, and the war in Iraq”.
I certainly hope he manages to lower the expectations of the rest of his supporters, unless this woman's expectations are real:


I wonder. Will Obama be a president for all the people, or only for those who vote for him. Because I would certainly like to not have to worry about paying my mortgage or putting gas in my car. Maybe I should vote for Obama; if I help him, he'll help me.

Lord, help us all!

1 comment:

victorsleeps said...

Where do we sign up for the lobotomy? I'm going to need one to get through the next four years.