02 June 2007

A few days late

So Cindy Sheehan is going home. Well, she is leaving the public eye. I do not think she has a home to go to.

Sadly.

She now understands that she was used by partisan political forces. She writes:
The first conclusion is that I was the darling of the so-called left as long as I limited my protests to George Bush and the Republican Party. ... However, when I started to hold the Democratic Party to the same standards that I held the Republican Party, support for my cause started to erode and the "left" started labeling me with the same slurs that the right used. I guess no one paid attention to me when I said that the issue of peace and people dying for no reason is not a matter of "right or left", but "right and wrong."
Now it will come as no surprise to the one or two readers of this blog that I have little sympathy for Sheehan's cause. I do, however, admire her political ethics. It is about stopping the war for her, not about any political side. (That is the one of the few things I find admirable about my badly misguided Senator, Mr Fiengold.)

What is badly mistaken by Ms Sheehan, however, is this conclusion:

The most devastating conclusion that I reached this morning, however, was that Casey did indeed die for nothing.

My dear lady, no.

While making a point about the MSM, Chris Muir also tells us a small portion of what your dear Casey, may he rest in peace with all the honor he deserves, did die for.I realize that you do not do so, Ms Sheehan, but I honor your son's sacrifice. However badly handled some aspects of this war have been, it was an honorable venture, and still a necessary victory for the United States.

No comments: